Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36

Thread: Grade the New Fall 2013 TV Shows Here

  1. #1
    Senior Member TotesMagotes's Avatar
    Posts
    138
    Check out
    My Ranker List

    Grade the New Fall 2013 TV Shows Here

    The Most Anticipated NEW TV Shows of Fall 2013
    How about we keep this thread going as a way for all of us to weigh in on the new fall 2013 TV shows? I was thinking we could all offer up a grade for each one we see? Might be an easy way for everyone to participate. So many new shows are starting up I don't always have time to see them all right away, so this might help me sort through the junk.

    This list has the most anticipated fall shows of 2013, so we can use that for reference if need be too. Eventually maybe one of us can make a list compiling the best - but clearly not until we've seen all the premieres at least.

    I'll start:

    Sleepy Hollow (Fox): A-

    This show surprised me. I didn't think it would be as interesting as it was. I really like the Ichobod Crane character and I think this one, at least going by the premiere, might be a huge hit.

    Anyone else wanna weigh in?

    Last edited by georgeofthejungle; 01-07-2014 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Embedded List. :)

  2. #2
    Senior Member stokified's Avatar
    Posts
    413
    Check out
    My Ranker List
    I'm going to pick Survivor Blood vs Water. It probably shouldn't be on the list, but it is because I put there about 3 months ago because I did not care about the other shows on the list. I'm going to give Survivor an A+ and I can't wait to watch it Wednesday.

  3. #3
    Senior Member TotesMagotes's Avatar
    Posts
    138
    Check out
    My Ranker List
    Quote Originally Posted by stokified View Post
    I'm going to pick Survivor Blood vs Water. It probably shouldn't be on the list, but it is because I put there about 3 months ago because I did not care about the other shows on the list. I'm going to give Survivor an A+ and I can't wait to watch it Wednesday.
    I think this counts Stokified. I mean yes it's a show that's been around for a long time BUT it's a new kind of Survivor. It counts. Thanks for the reminder about Wednesday by the way. Need to make sure the DVR is set. Sometimes I don't get to watch everything until the weekend.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Olivia Peterman's Avatar
    Posts
    148
    Check out
    My Ranker List
    Good idea. I hate getting attached to any new show b/c I know it could get canceled, but here goes:

    Sleepy Hollow B+ (I'm interested enough to stick around and see the first few episodes, if it slips I'll drop it).

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Posts
    190
    Check out
    My Ranker List
    As much as I usually dislike comedy shows, I am willing to give Brooklyn Nine-Nine shot. I trust that Andy Samberg is brilliant and wouldn't just sign on to a show that was crap, though he did do that awful Adam Sandler movie... I'll give it a B+ with a note to see me after class. Maybe after the premiere tonight I will revise the grade.

  6. #6
    Member kensu2989's Avatar
    Location
    the south
    Posts
    87
    Check out
    My Ranker List
    Quote Originally Posted by TotesMagotes View Post
    How about we keep this thread going as a way for all of us to weigh in on the new fall 2013 TV shows? I was thinking we could all offer up a grade for each one we see? Might be an easy way for everyone to participate. So many new shows are starting up I don't always have time to see them all right away, so this might help me sort through the junk.

    This list has the most anticipated fall shows of 2013, so we can use that for reference if need be too. Eventually maybe one of us can make a list compiling the best - but clearly not until we've seen all the premieres at least.

    I'll start:

    Sleepy Hollow (Fox): A-

    This show surprised me. I didn't think it would be as interesting as it was. I really like the Ichobod Crane character and I think this one, at least going by the premiere, might be a huge hit.

    Anyone else wanna weigh in?
    yeah i didnt have high hopes for this show but it was pretty good i would give it a A-. i would like to know more about cop girl.

  7. #7
    Member Roger Nackerman's Avatar
    Posts
    99
    Check out
    My Ranker List
    Good idea totes. Angie Marie, I liked Brooklyn Nine-Nine. It's not the funniest show ever but it has potential and I like the cast.

    Brooklyn Nine-Nine Grade: B+

    Haven't seen Sleepy Hollow yet forgot to tape it so I'll have to catch up next week. Sounds like I need to give this a chance.

  8. #8
    Member kensu2989's Avatar
    Location
    the south
    Posts
    87
    Check out
    My Ranker List
    so i saw the first episode of masters of sex and it was cool i will give it a B+ oh and here a link to the episode ?Masters of Sex?: Watch the Showtime pilot free online early - Zap2it

  9. #9
    Member MatildaJeffries's Avatar
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    38
    Check out
    My Ranker List
    Quote Originally Posted by kensu2989 View Post
    so i saw the first episode of masters of sex and it was cool i will give it a B+ oh and here a link to the episode ?Masters of Sex?: Watch the Showtime pilot free online early - Zap2it
    That sounds... naughty. What's the format/plot/dealio?

    As much as I appreciate networks like Showtime giving away free premieres of their shows, it would take a lot for me to order their channel (and cable for that matter) just to watch a show. Something has to be pretty spectacular for me to purchase these days, even on iTunes or Amazon.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Olivia Peterman's Avatar
    Posts
    148
    Check out
    My Ranker List
    Matilda, Showtime got me with Homeland. I'm hooked. I can't stand it but I'm totally hooked. I'll watch Masters of Sex (story of Masters and Johnson, sex research pioneers) when it premieres - right after Homeland I think. Hopefully it's good.

  11. #11
    Senior Member TotesMagotes's Avatar
    Posts
    138
    Check out
    My Ranker List
    Bumpity bump to remind us: Two new premieres tonight (Monday Sept 23): Hostages and The Blacklist. I'm watching BL and taping Hostages so hopefully I can weigh in on at least one tomorrow.

  12. #12
    Member Abbey Grantham's Avatar
    Posts
    47
    Check out
    My Ranker List
    That new sitcom with Anna Faris, Mom, also premieres tonight I think on CBS. Just FYI. I might watch it, if so I'll grade it here.

  13. #13
    Member Abbey Grantham's Avatar
    Posts
    47
    Check out
    My Ranker List
    Ugh. Okay Mom is a C- at best. I hate saying that because I like Anna Faris and I really like Allison Janney too. But it's just not that funny.

    Here's the good news: The Blacklist was good - Solid B+, maybe higher than that (I tend to err on the lower side if in doubt). If they paired this back to back with Hannibal I'd be a happy woman.

  14. #14
    Member kensu2989's Avatar
    Location
    the south
    Posts
    87
    Check out
    My Ranker List
    so watch the blacklist and it was good. solid A- really what to see were this show goes

  15. #15
    Member Boom Dynamite's Avatar
    Posts
    85
    Check out
    My Ranker List
    Am I the only one who watched Hostages? It wasn't bad, has potential to be better. Good acting. Not my favorite new show, that's Sleepy Hollow, but decent enough. B- for Hostages. Anyone else see it?

  16. #16
    Senior Member Olivia Peterman's Avatar
    Posts
    148
    Check out
    My Ranker List
    The Blacklist: B- (feels like a ripoff of other shows to me, namely Hannibal but it has Spader so I'm going with it for now)
    Mom: B- (not funny Abbey I agree, could've been better but Anna F was good in it)

  17. #17
    Member Samantha Dillinger's Avatar
    Posts
    79
    Check out
    My Ranker List
    Dads: F- its terrible
    Brooklyn Nine Nine: B it's way better I will prob. watch both tonight but be prepared b/c I dont think Dads is all that good

  18. #18
    Senior Member TotesMagotes's Avatar
    Posts
    138
    Check out
    My Ranker List
    Don't forget tonight is another biggie: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.! High hopes for this one, always the case with Joss Whedon shows.

  19. #19
    Senior Member TotesMagotes's Avatar
    Posts
    138
    Check out
    My Ranker List
    Blacklist gets a B from me. Interesting enough but Olivia you have a point it's almost like they took all the best elements of certain shows and threw them all into this one. We'll see. For now I'm reasonably pleased.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Kyle Townsend's Avatar
    Posts
    231
    Check out
    My Ranker List
    Marvel's Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D.: A I didn't know this picked up after Avengers, but man I thought it was really good especially for network TV. I like all the characters, like the plot, the whole bit. I have a new favorite show for the season.

    What did everyone else think? Especially curious to see what the comics fans have to say too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •