Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How Did Your Fantasy Football Draft Go This Year?

Check out
    My Ranker List

How Did Your Fantasy Football Draft Go This Year?

I just completed one of my two drafts this year. And in a year with very few solid RBs or even solid QBs and drafting in a 14 team league I did....hmmm...ok I guess. Drafted number 2 and took Doug Martin with my first pick....by the time my second pick arrives there are 26 players gone...aargh. With the top 15 RB's gone and the best QBs picked through I doubled on the best WR's available. Dez Bryant and Demarious Thomas. Anyway the rest of the draft was real tough...here's my current starting lineup...gulp...
    QB Russell Wilson
    RB Doug Martin
    RB Lamar Miller
    WR Demarious Thomas
    WR Dez Bryant
    WR Emmanual Sanders
    TE Martellus Bennett
    K That guy from Seattle
    D Seattle

So how did you do?

Check out
    My Ranker List
    I did a 10 team league and here's how my team came out. I think you got a pretty good team considering there were 14 teams in the league, AARGH.
    QB Drew Brees
    RB Arian Foster
    RB Marshawn Lynch
    WR Wes Welker
    WR Danny Amendola
    WR Eric Decker
    TE Kyle Rudolph
    K phil Dawson
    DEF Cincinatti

Check out
    My Ranker List
    Quote Originally Posted by stokified View Post
    I did a 10 team league and here's how my team came out. I think you got a pretty good team considering there were 14 teams in the league, AARGH.
    QB Drew Brees
    RB Arian Foster
    RB Marshawn Lynch
    WR Wes Welker
    WR Danny Amendola
    WR Eric Decker
    TE Kyle Rudolph
    K phil Dawson
    DEF Cincinatti
    Nice team Stokified. How did you pull off Arian and Marshawn? They both went in the top 5 in my draft last night. That's one hell of a fantasy RB tandem...and Drew Brees to boot. Sweet. Wasn't sure how high to value Decker and Welker could be a big year for at least one. Are there enough balls for all 3 of these great wideouts at Denver?

Check out
    My Ranker List
    I drafted Trent Richardson as my number 2 back. I got a trade offer for Marshawn Lynch so I decided to accept it. That guy must be an idiot to make that trade. Peyton is going to throw, throw, throw this year because they don't have a running game. I expect a big year from all of Denver's WRs.

Check out
    My Ranker List
    Quote Originally Posted by stokified View Post
    I drafted Trent Richardson as my number 2 back. I got a trade offer for Marshawn Lynch so I decided to accept it. That guy must be an idiot to make that trade. Peyton is going to throw, throw, throw this year because they don't have a running game. I expect a big year from all of Denver's WRs.
    Wow that guy wasn't thinking straight. Marshawn Lynch is a for sure top 5 back. I hope Peyton has a great year. Had him in both my leagues last year but he went in the second round this year so I couldn't grab him up. Good Luck!

Check out
    My Ranker List
    Stokified, you are loaded. My god your team. Wow. I never get that lucky with that kind of trade and really your team was loaded without Lynch. Aargh considering I think you did well loading on the WR I'd probably have done the same thing. I think Demarious Thomas is going to get major fantasy points from Manning, and I also feel like Lamar Miller will prob have a good year. Stokified, Wes Welker yeah all the WRs, he'll get you points if it's a PPR league. I don't think Denver's run game is non-existent, yeah Hillman and Ball aren't FF RBs yet but I think (hope) they'll do well.

No draft for me yet but thanks for the discussion it helps. I don't even know what order I'm in for picking yet so it's hard to figure out what I'll need to zero in on. Last year our league had a huge run on the top tier QBs so I grabbed Brees and then by the time it got back around to me the top RBs were gone. Made the finals but it was iffy because of the RB problem.

Go Broncos!

Check out
    My Ranker List
    Thanks for the input chicosh, I am also a Broncos fan. That's why I drafted Welker and Decker. I hope being biased doesn't come back to bite me in the ass. That's usually a bad rule in fantasy football; drafting your favorite teams players. I think the Broncos Wr's are different though because watching the last preseason game against the St. Louis, the Broncos ran 30 offensive plays in the first quarter. Peyton would have thrown for over 500 yds if this was the regular season. I was all about drafting Montee Ball before the preseason started, but now I have some hesitations. Being behind a dud of a running back like Hillman makes me think what do the Broncos know that I don't. Apparently Ball is practicing with the first team this week so that bodes well for Ball. I wouldn't draft Hillman if my life depended on it. He is a fumbling machine, Denver will not be able to trust that guy in goal line carries. This is also a good sign for Ball. I think being a homer rule does apply for Steelers and Cowboys fans because usually those are the most biased fans and always draft Romo and Roethlisberger and they have terrible seasons. The one player from those 2 teams that will have a great season is Dez Bryant, other than him I would stay away from those 2 teams.

Check out
    My Ranker List
    Yeah I try hard not to just draft favorites but I always try to snag at least one Bronco or more if I think they'll get points. My wife on the other hand drafts her favorite Saints every single time and I always give her grief. Last year we played in a league together and she beat me with like four New Orleans players. I'm not saying squat this year. In the interest of full disclosure I'll tell you that my wife is LaurieM so if I hadn't fessed up she'd probably get on here and remind me.

For a minute there against the Rams I thought Peyton was going back in but not really. He sure looked like he wanted to. I think you'll do okay with Welker/Decker especially with that complete team you've got.

Romo sucks. Just bad sucks. But yes Dez was a good get by Aargh I think. Also I agree with you about Hillman's fumble issues. I heard yesterday on the radio they were talking about Ball I only caught the tail end of it but it sounded to me like they did expect Ball to get some carries and I think he'll get the goal line stuff.

The thing I'm most concerned about w/Denver right now is the defense, which could yield good fantasy number for those Broncos offensive players.
    Last edited by chicosh; 08-26-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Check out
    My Ranker List
    That's awesome that your LaurieM's husband, she is an awesome lady. If this becomes a trend there has got to be a list of favorite Ranker couples. Denver's defense looks pretty horrible this preseason. Last year they had great fantasy numbers on defense, but it's very unlikely that they will repeat. Like you said just another reason Denver's offense will dominate this season. The non fantasy issue I'm concerned about most is the special teams. That is probably the worst unit the Broncos have. Teams don't even kick to Trindon Holiday so he can't return any kicks, and nobody can tackle. The special teams coach might get fired if it looks this horrendous during the regular season.

Check out
    My Ranker List
    Ha I'll tell her. She'll be thrilled we're in the running. Yeah she's old school Saints, I'm originally from Denver so we always just hope our two worlds never collide.

Last year special teams was so good the only thing I hope is that maybe it's just preseason and things will get back to that high level once the regular season starts. I hope so. Trindon Holiday was awesome.

Check out
    My Ranker List
    Good luck on your draft this year chicosh. I would grab a RB the first pick if there is any quality...I think the RB position this year is as tough as it's ever been. A lot of question marks and shared time with so many teams this year on the RBs. QBs are tough too with a big dropoff after the top few. No worries here with being a fan that drafts players from his team...I am a Dolphins fan and although I did take Lamar Miller (he was the best available at 5) I rarely draft any Dolphins players. Perhaps it's because they've sucked for soooo long.

Check out
    My Ranker List
    Man, it's cool to see LaurieM's husband on here, I'm sure you already know this chicosh, but your wife is awesome, she is definitely a fan favorite over here on the forum, make sure you hold on to her. Anyways back to fantasy football (I'm so glad that football is back!). Stokified's team is stacked, WOW! Here's my team, I'm in a 12 person league.

QB Cam Newton
    RB David Wilson
    RB Darren McFadden
    WR Calvin Johnson
    WR Torrey Smith
    WR Eric Decker
    TE Vernon Davis
    K Stephen Gostkowski
    D Seattle

Check out
    My Ranker List
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyisawesome1 View Post
    QB Cam Newton
    RB David Wilson
    RB Darren McFadden
    WR Calvin Johnson
    WR Torrey Smith
    WR Eric Decker
    TE Vernon Davis
    K Stephen Gostkowski
    D Seattle
    Bold move going with Cam Newton. It should be really interesting to see how he performs this year. Love your WR picks too!

On another note, thanks for this thread. I have a draft coming up Wednesday night and I'm horribly unprepared. Then again as long as I get my future ex-husband Tom Brady, I'll be happy.

Check out
    My Ranker List
    Quote Originally Posted by chicosh View Post
    In the interest of full disclosure I'll tell you that my wife is LaurieM so if I hadn't fessed up she'd probably get on here and remind me.
    Ahem. Yes dear, you are correct Good to see he's involved, I guess it was football that finally gave him the urge to jump in over here (not surprising). Also nice to see a little avatar of my dog, Chico Seymour Hoffman, ESQ. Great dog, loves his football too.

You guys are all so nice, thanks for the kind words. It's very VERY nice having both of us in this house be so crazy football obsessed, though I'm not sure I'm going to get in the same FF league with Jeff again. That got rather....tense. We're really supportive of each other's teams...except with FF. I've proudly worn Bronco gear at Mile High and Jeff's put on the black and gold down in the Dome for me. My two fave NFL teams without question (though I also pull for the Pats because well, we all know My Great Friend Angie, Tom Brady's Wanna Be Wifey).

Stokified I agree with you about Dez being the sole bright spot for the Cowboys. Looked decent in that preseason game the other night. Mikey, team looks solid and you never know: Cam could get you some insane numbers. WR I agree with Angie, nice nice. All of you have great teams and Stokified I do not know who this person is who wanted to basically GIVE you Marshawn Lynch but...but...bwaaahahaahahaha good for you

If and when I get my team I'll post it here.

Check out
    My Ranker List
    Okay all, here is the combined LaurieM/ChicoSH team (I'd say both of our teams are well represented) I think we did pretty darn well. Thoughts?

QB Drew Brees
    WR Demaryius Thomas
    WR James Jones
    WR Eric Decker
    RB C.J. Spiller
    RB Stevan Ridley
    TE Kyle Rudolph
    K Matt Prater
    D Seattle

Bench: Reggie Bush, Russell Wilson, Mike Wallace, Montee Ball, Kenny Stills (yay), Pierre Thomas (double yay)

Check out
    My Ranker List
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurieM View Post
    Okay all, here is the combined LaurieM/ChicoSH team (I'd say both of our teams are well represented) I think we did pretty darn well. Thoughts?

QB Drew Brees
    WR Demaryius Thomas
    WR James Jones
    WR Eric Decker
    RB C.J. Spiller
    RB Stevan Ridley
    TE Kyle Rudolph
    K Matt Prater
    D Seattle

Bench: Reggie Bush, Russell Wilson, Mike Wallace, Montee Ball, Kenny Stills (yay), Pierre Thomas (double yay)
    I'd say you did excellent. How many teams in this league?

Check out
    My Ranker List
    Just finished my second league's draft. Usually a twelve team league it dropped to ten this year. Here's the starters...
    QB Aaron Rodgers
    RB Arian Foster
    RB Darren Sproles
    WR Julio Jones
    WR Percy Harvin
    WR Emmanual Sanders
    TE Gronkowski
    K That Guy From Seattle
    D Seattle

Check out
    My Ranker List
    Hey Aargh, looking now it's 8? Our "report card" (this is a Yahoo Sports one) gives us a "C+" - I still say we did way better than a C+.

Feeling good. Just so glad to finally be getting into football season.

Check out
    My Ranker List
    "That guy from Seattle" cracks me up. I like this team, a lot (of course, Julio is on it, Ha).

Check out
    My Ranker List
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurieM View Post
    Hey Aargh, looking now it's 8? Our "report card" (this is a Yahoo Sports one) gives us a "C+" - I still say we did way better than a C+.

Feeling good. Just so glad to finally be getting into football season.
    I'm surprised Yahoo Sports gave your team a C+, Drew Brees is fantasy gold, I think he's going to put great numbers this year and you have solid wide receivers, Spiller always does pretty good fantasy wise, and Seattle's defense is stacked this year, so C+ seems a little low.
    Last edited by LaurieM; 09-06-2013 at 09:03 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast