Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Who Do You Think Is Going To Win The NBA Championship?

Check out
    My Ranker List

Who Do You Think Is Going To Win The NBA Championship?

Lists on Ranker
    I don't know if there are any NBA fans out there, but I'm a huge NBA fan. So I was wondering, if there are any NBA fans out there, who do you think will be taking home the NBA championship this year. I'm a huge Atlanta Hawks fan, so of course I would love it for them to win, but there isn't a chance of that happening. My picks to make the championship are the Miami Heat and Los Angeles Clippers, and I think the Clippers will win that series. I really can't stand the Miami Heat, so I really hope I'm wrong about them representing the East, I still think the Pacers turn the ball over way too much, to be able to beat the Heat in a seven game series. I picked the Clippers, because their team is just so stacked right now, Blake Griffin has been playing at another level all year, we all know how good Chris Paul can be, and then you surround those guys with Reddick, Crawford, Barnes, Big Baby and you have DeAndre Jordan protecting the paint and grabbing rebounds, I think they will be a hard team for anyone to be in a seven game series. There are a couple of things about the Clippers that I don't like, as a whole they don't shoot free throws that well, and their defensive effort at times is lacking. I would love for the Spurs to win the whole thing, so Duncan could get another one before he retires, but in my opinion they are a little to old, it is going to be an extremely hard task to be the one representing the Western Conference in the NBA championship, so if the Spurs do make it out of there, I think they will be beat down and tired by then, where the Heat would be able to have their way with them. The Spurs best shot was last year and they totally blew it. As far as Oklahoma City, I think they are playing great and it is nearly impossible to slow down Kevin Durant, but if they do make it out of the West, I think the Heat will beat them again, because they still turn the ball over way too much, and if the three is not falling for OKC, they are in a lot of trouble. Those are my opinions, let me know some of yours. This should be a very exciting playoff season.
    JohnGrant and SharpSquare like this.

Check out
    My Ranker List
    Tough to not pick the Heat here once again. The Clippers have a solid club and the Spurs always seem to find a way to be a threat but in the end its going to take quite a effort to take down the heat. That team just seems like its built to win series in the playoffs and its found its gorrpve over last couple years.

Check out
    My Ranker List
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGrant View Post
    Tough to not pick the Heat here once again. The Clippers have a solid club and the Spurs always seem to find a way to be a threat but in the end its going to take quite a effort to take down the heat. That team just seems like its built to win series in the playoffs and its found its gorrpve over last couple years.
    I agree with you about it being tough not to pick the Heat, it just seems a little different this year. They have kind of been sleepwalking through the regular season, waiting for the playoffs to get here, it just doesn't seem like they are as hungry as they had been in seasons past. I truly do hope I am right about this, because I really don't want to see the Heat three peat (no offense to any Heat fans out there).
    SharpSquare and JohnGrant like this.

Check out
    My Ranker List
    Well seems once again the road to the title has to go through Miami. I wouldn't mind seeing someone else walk away with the trophy this hear though i must admit and i think either the LA Clippers or the OKC Thunder. Thunder could prove to be dangerous because anytime you have a scorer who can take over a game like Durant can they have a shot to win any series.
    JohnGrant and mikeyisawesome1 like this.

Check out
    My Ranker List
    Quote Originally Posted by SharpSquare View Post
    Well seems once again the road to the title has to go through Miami. I wouldn't mind seeing someone else walk away with the trophy this hear though i must admit and i think either the LA Clippers or the OKC Thunder. Thunder could prove to be dangerous because anytime you have a scorer who can take over a game like Durant can they have a shot to win any series.
    That is very true, what you said about Durant. He has been playing out of this world good this year, he has definitely taking his game to another level. I think either of those teams (Clippers, OKC) would make for a very interesting seven game series against the Heat.
    JohnGrant likes this.

Check out
    My Ranker List
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyisawesome1 View Post
    That is very true, what you said about Durant. He has been playing out of this world good this year, he has definitely taking his game to another level. I think either of those teams (Clippers, OKC) would make for a very interesting seven game series against the Heat.

I always think and believe this Clippers team will choke and i am not sure why really because i know they are a solid team. I love Chris Paul but i am just not sold on the rest of that group and find that at times Griffin fades in big games in the playoffs. Now i think that OKC could very well be dangerous this season they have smelled a chance at the title before and with Westbrook back now and Durant playing so well they def have a shot to take down the heat should they match up. Also still think the Spurs have enough left in take to make one more solid run.

Check out
    My Ranker List
    I always think and believe this Clippers team will choke and i am not sure why really because i know they are a solid team. I love Chris Paul but i am just not sold on the rest of that group and find that at times Griffin fades in big games in the playoffs. Now i think that OKC could very well be dangerous this season they have smelled a chance at the title before and with Westbrook back now and Durant playing so well they def have a shot to take down the heat should they match up. Also still think the Spurs have enough left in take to make one more solid run.

Looks like OKC will def have to get their stuff together just to make it out of the first round. Westbrook is catching all kind of flack in that series for taking so many bad shots and after watching them lose that last close game it sure seems like they are on the ropes and could be wondering themselves now if they can turn it around.

Check out
    My Ranker List

Durant hasn't played bad so far this opening series but he hasn't really stepped up and began to dominate and that may need to happen sooner then later or they may not make it out of round 1. Westbrook has def been trying to hard and has taken i think not only some bad shots but too many outside the flow of their offense and i think its kind of thrown Durant's game off same. Either way its going to have to be fixed quick fast and in a hurry !

Check out
    My Ranker List
    Durant hasn't played bad so far this opening series but he hasn't really stepped up and began to dominate and that may need to happen sooner then later or they may not make it out of round 1. Westbrook has def been trying to hard and has taken i think not only some bad shots but too many outside the flow of their offense and i think its kind of thrown Durant's game off same. Either way its going to have to be fixed quick fast and in a hurry !
    Totally agree with all of your points. If you think back in the season, when Durant was in his best rhythm, it was when Westbrook was injured. I think Westbrook is a great player, but the chemistry between him and Durant isn't always great. In my opinion, OKC needs a point guard more like Conley, who can score, but he is first looking to get his other players involved. A great point guard will pass up an okay shot to get a great shot, and I just don't see Westbrook doing that.
    SharpSquare likes this.

Check out
    My Ranker List
    Totally agree with all of your points. If you think back in the season, when Durant was in his best rhythm, it was when Westbrook was injured. I think Westbrook is a great player, but the chemistry between him and Durant isn't always great. In my opinion, OKC needs a point guard more like Conley, who can score, but he is first looking to get his other players involved. A great point guard will pass up an okay shot to get a great shot, and I just don't see Westbrook doing that.

I think your right Mikey a pass first point guard is usually much more effective esp going against teams who play solid defense. I think when you have a star like Durant who can get his own shot when he needs to the PG is even more important and really has to work to keep everyone else on team involved on offensive side of things because often guys will kind of stop playing waiting to see what Durant will do and it really can effect the flow of the game. The great passing guard gets it around enough to keep everyone else interested and into the game flow and OKC is def struggling with that now its like a 2 man show on offense.

And now this Clippers debacle could really throw things out of whack.
    mikeyisawesome1 likes this.

Check out
    My Ranker List
    I think your right Mikey a pass first point guard is usually much more effective esp going against teams who play solid defense. I think when you have a star like Durant who can get his own shot when he needs to the PG is even more important and really has to work to keep everyone else on team involved on offensive side of things because often guys will kind of stop playing waiting to see what Durant will do and it really can effect the flow of the game. The great passing guard gets it around enough to keep everyone else interested and into the game flow and OKC is def struggling with that now its like a 2 man show on offense.

And now this Clippers debacle could really throw things out of whack.
    Seriously, the whole Clippers debacle totally messed up my championship pick. I would be very surprised if the Clippers win it all now, heck I'll be surprised if they even make it out of this round against the Warriors. What a crazy, messed up situation. It looks like everything is shaping up for the Heat 3-peat...
    JohnGrant likes this.

Check out
    My Ranker List
    Seriously, the whole Clippers debacle totally messed up my championship pick. I would be very surprised if the Clippers win it all now, heck I'll be surprised if they even make it out of this round against the Warriors. What a crazy, messed up situation. It looks like everything is shaping up for the Heat 3-peat...

Talk about the worst possible timing for something like that to happen as far as the team goes. Honestly i wasn't sure they could make it to end with out choking before although i don't doubt their talent its more so getting over that hill i wasn't sure about and now, well. It is going to be just that much together and this will be a distraction for as long as they are in it which your right may not be past round one.

Just crazy so and un-necessary.

Check out
    My Ranker List
    Talk about the worst possible timing for something like that to happen as far as the team goes. Honestly i wasn't sure they could make it to end with out choking before although i don't doubt their talent its more so getting over that hill i wasn't sure about and now, well. It is going to be just that much together and this will be a distraction for as long as they are in it which your right may not be past round one.

Just crazy so and un-necessary.
    It does help that the NBA jumped right on the situation and handled it, so it won't be as much as a distraction for the Clippers. I still think it is going to be a tough road to the championship for them, this year is so unpredictable which has made for a very intriguing playoff season for us viewers.
    SharpSquare likes this.

Check out
    My Ranker List
    It does help that the NBA jumped right on the situation and handled it, so it won't be as much as a distraction for the Clippers. I still think it is going to be a tough road to the championship for them, this year is so unpredictable which has made for a very intriguing playoff season for us viewers.

Well they really did just skate out of round one by skin of their teeth. Was a great game 7 and Warriors really gave them all they could handle but i think in the end the size different and Chris Paul looking a little more healthy was just a bit too much. Really was one of the best first rounds overall of the NBA playoffs i can remember in quite a lot of years.

Should be some real interesting match ups for round 2 and perhaps some more long series.

Check out
    My Ranker List
    Well they really did just skate out of round one by skin of their teeth. Was a great game 7 and Warriors really gave them all they could handle but i think in the end the size different and Chris Paul looking a little more healthy was just a bit too much. Really was one of the best first rounds overall of the NBA playoffs i can remember in quite a lot of years.

Should be some real interesting match ups for round 2 and perhaps some more long series.
    I agree with your point about the intriguing second round match-ups. How about the first two games the road teams won both of them. The way the Clippers played yesterday... wow, that's the team that I picked to go all of the way, not the team that struggled in their first round to the Warriors. I think it does help like you said, that Chris Paul is looking more healthy and plus as a whole the team was just hot, it should make for an interesting game 2. As far as the Wizards beating the Pacers, I didn't think the Wizards would even get past the Bulls, so I think what the Wizards are doing right now is pretty amazing. They are definitely going to give Indiana fits for the rest of this series. I can't wait for the games tonight.
    SharpSquare likes this.

Check out
    My Ranker List
    I agree with your point about the intriguing second round match-ups. How about the first two games the road teams won both of them. The way the Clippers played yesterday... wow, that's the team that I picked to go all of the way, not the team that struggled in their first round to the Warriors. I think it does help like you said, that Chris Paul is looking more healthy and plus as a whole the team was just hot, it should make for an interesting game 2. As far as the Wizards beating the Pacers, I didn't think the Wizards would even get past the Bulls, so I think what the Wizards are doing right now is pretty amazing. They are definitely going to give Indiana fits for the rest of this series. I can't wait for the games tonight.

Man are the Wizards on a magic carpet ride or what ? lol I am with you and i gave them little to no chance to make it out of round one at the start of the playoffs , hell it may just end in this second round but i almost hope to see them make it at least one more because i was so wrong about em.

The Clips came out like gang busters didn't they , looked like a completely different team and maybe getting out of round one the way they did is enough to really wake em up and get em back focused. If they play the way they did in Game 1 that series may be over rather quickly because in that form they are on road to the finals if they can just keep it up. Chris Paul now has looked great in back to back games and that could be bad news for everyone else , well except for maybe Miami. They looked great too !

Check out
    My Ranker List
    Man are the Wizards on a magic carpet ride or what ? lol I am with you and i gave them little to no chance to make it out of round one at the start of the playoffs , hell it may just end in this second round but i almost hope to see them make it at least one more because i was so wrong about em.

The Clips came out like gang busters didn't they , looked like a completely different team and maybe getting out of round one the way they did is enough to really wake em up and get em back focused. If they play the way they did in Game 1 that series may be over rather quickly because in that form they are on road to the finals if they can just keep it up. Chris Paul now has looked great in back to back games and that could be bad news for everyone else , well except for maybe Miami. They looked great too !
    I would like to see the Wizards in the Eastern Conference Finals, because I think they might make it a more competitive series with the Heat than Indiana would, but who knows, the only sure thing so far about this year's playoffs is that the Heat still look like the favorite to win again. Momentum has been going back and forth in every other series, it looks like the Thunder-Clippers series is going to be a good one. Both teams are stacked with superstars, Chris Paul had his way in game 1 and then in game 2 Durant and Westbrook go crazy. As competitive as the Western Conference has been, I do think whatever team ends up coming out of the West, they will be worn out by the time the Finals roll around, which will also give another advantage to the Heat.
    JohnGrant likes this.

Check out
    My Ranker List
    Spurs look crazy good this year.
    Last edited by SharpSquare; 05-08-2014 at 02:15 PM.
    mikeyisawesome1 and JohnGrant like this.

Check out
    My Ranker List
    Quote Originally Posted by ericsonar View Post
    Welcome to the forums ericsonar! I do agree with you about the Spurs they do look good this year. I was worried at the start of the playoffs about their age catching up to them, but the one thing that I didn't take into account was the amazing bench that they have this year and the masterful job that Popovich has done managing that bench. That man knows how to push all the right buttons to make his team go. Although I really don't want to see another Spurs-Heat championship, we might be heading that way, because both of these teams are playing A+ ball right now.
    JohnGrant likes this.

Check out
    My Ranker List
    Quote Originally Posted by ericsonar View Post

The spurs are such a veteran team and so well coached that they always seem to be in the mix the last few years. But i am kind of with Mikey here and not sure i am so interested in another Spurs-Heat match up , but then again they do stand to play another interesting series.
    JohnGrant likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast